5 Warrior Empath Tools
Updated: Jul 27, 2021
It took me a long time to discover that I am an Empath! It took me even longer to discover and understand that I am Clarisentient.
What does it mean to be Clairsentient? Clairsentience comes from French clair meaning ‘clear’ and Latin sentir meaning ‘feeling’, coming together to translate directly into "clear feeling". It is the psychic ability to feel the energy between yourself and others, within the spaces that surround you and between yourself and objects. It is usually an indescribable physical sensation that is stimulated energetically but can sometimes cause rise to an emotion as well.
The biggest thing I learned along my journey is when I feel other people's energy I should be careful not to take on their energy. So many times I took on anger, sadness and well a lot of negative crap without even knowing I did. I often absorbed feelings from close family and friends and sometimes when walking around crowds of people. I would feel so much negativity and heavy energy that at times it took a toll on me physically and emotionally. I had to sleep for days in order to release all the crap I absorbed in order to feel myself again.
I now in the past couple of years have come to learn that my spiritual gift is to be a transmuter of negative energy. So this means that my energy took on the negative aspects of others in order to neutralize or diminish the energy. It took me a long time to discover this but now that I know my strengths and weaknesses that comes with this gift I can prepare myself before going out in the world. I also know how to take care of myself energetically inside and out! If you are going through the same thing please remember to take care of yourself and learn to set boundaries. Saying no to others and yes to yourself is the key.
Here are a couple of ways to be good to yourself and how to remain strong when you pick up negative energy.
1. Express gratitude. Start each day with a gratefulness affirmation instead of focusing on all the things you have to do. Gratitude increases positive energy and keeps you in the moment rather than wasting energy by catastrophizing about the future.
2. Meditate. Practice the 3 Minute Heart Meditation throughout the day to stay centered in your heart energy, instead of fear. This short meditation works wonders bring you back to your power when you start to feel sensory overload. This meditation strengthens you and makes you in charge of your emotional state.
3. Mindful breathing. Breathe out negative energy and stress, breathe in clarity and power. The breath is your friend. To be a warrior, it’s helpful to keep breathing out negative energy and stress throughout the day. This stops the accumulation of stress in your body.
4. Strengthen your intuition. Trust your intuition to choose positive people in your inner circle. Keep the energy vampires out whenever possible. Intuition will tell you when your energy has increased or decreased around someone. Pay attention to this information. Stick with those people who increase your energy. Learn to set clear boundaries with those who drain you.
5. Love yourself. You are a precious being. Please remember that. Let your daily mantra be “I embrace my sensitivities. I can be vulnerable and strong at the same time.”
The empath journey is an adventure of a lifetime. As a sensitive person, there is much to be grateful for. You are able to experience exquisite passion and joy. You can perceive the big picture on a deeper level. You are attuned to the beauty, poetry, and energy of life. Your compassion gives you the capacity to help others. You are not callous or shut off or coldhearted. Your sensitivities allow you to be a caring, vulnerable, and aware being.
Notice how your own life and relationships improve from embracing your warrior spirit as an empath. Celebrate your progress every time you listen to your intuition or assert your empathic needs or are able to center yourself in the midst of chaos. Celebrate that you are no longer willing to deny your own feelings just to make other people comfortable. Celebrate your ability to love your beautiful self today without conflict or second guessing. Be grateful for all your progress. Baby steps are golden. Don’t worry if you backslide at times. We all do. In every circumstance, treat yourself with compassion.
~ Judith Orloff, MD, Adapted from “The Empath’s Survival Guide: Life Strategies for Sensitive People
I also recommend the book: Psychic Empaths by Kimberly Moon